Center of Excellence for Blue Economy
At BlueLab we align strategic partnerships, incentives, science tools and platforms to create high-value and goal-focused outputs around innovation, policy, financial, institutional and technological innovations.
Opportunities in Blue Economy sector in Africa
- Maritime and Security
- Innovative industries
- Cold Chain logistics
- Waste management (Plastic waste)
- Blue Carbon
- Financial solutions
- Market Extention Services
- Blue Energy
Our objectives at the Center for Excellence for Blue Economy
- Building capacity and capabilities to harness the technological and digital revolution for transformation in the Blue economy sector & Food systems
- Catalyzing collaboration between academia, innovators, research institutions, private and the public sector in co-creating solutions to everyday food system challenges
- Scale-up knowledge-driven innovations (policy, financial, or technology) and their enablers in the public and private sector
- Promoting the use of data for decision making and action in creating and sustaining excellence in transformation centered services within the public and private sector
Our stakeholders at BlueLab:
Outcomes with BlueLab – Centre of Excellence for Blue Economy
- Increased access to resilient innovative solutions across the entire Blue Economy value chain and food systems
- Improved efficiency through engagement of civil society, government, academia, innovators, farmers through use of data and knowledge
- Utilization of practical knowledge base of what works and scale up of solutions, paired with policy, financial incentives/investments
- Partners and networks realigning their missions towards transformative practices that accelerate the achievement of food systems imperatives.
- Vibrant and people centered innovation ecosystem.